Automatic Fail-over of SIP Proxy to second IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by greg.wood, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greg.wood

Hello,

Is there any way to setup the sip proxy tunnel to fail-over to a secondary public IP when the main connection fails?

I have 3 locations (A, B and C)

A - is the main location with 2 internet connections with one dedicated to the 3CX system. Both have static public IP's.
    B, C - remote locations that utilize the SIP Proxy Tunnel to communicate with the 3CX system in the main location via its dedicated static IP

My question is... can I have the proxy's at site's B and C configured to automatically switch to the static IP of the second internet connection at the main location? It has a static IP as well.

I've experienced a few situations where the internet connection dedicated tot he 3CX system in the main office has failed and the remote offices are then left without phone service. If the system could automatically fail-over to the secondary internet connection and then notify me as such, that would be the "ideal" situation. Is this possible?

Thank you

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

There are some routers available that have more than one WAN connection, with various options to switch traffic between them.

Because there could be more than one IP at the 3CX end, you would need to make use of a DynDNS service for the remote ends to maintain "contact", just as if you had a dynamic IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.