Automatic Menu Commands don't work from Softphone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by luisalonsoramos, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luisalonsoramos

Hello,

I have a small 3CX installation, with one Cisco SPA501 and 3 softphones. If I dial any number where I am greeted by a menu (press 1 for x, 2 for y), it won't recognize keypresses if I am calling from a softphone, but it works fine if I call from the hard phone.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

what soft phone type? make sure that RFC2833 is the DTMF type.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. luisalonsoramos

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the reply. I am using 3CXPhone 5.0.14900.

What is RFC2833 and DTMF? I quite new to this PBX thing.

4. willow

willow Member

your sip phone phones will need to be set to maych what your sip trunks are. normally RFC2833 is the normal but that is not always the case. if you go under accounts >account settings > advanced settings, that is where you will find the DTMF settings they are info, inband, or RFC2833. You may need to research your voip carrier/gateway to find out what they support.

5. luisalonsoramos

Thanks Jeremy. Let me look into that, and I'll post here my results. Thanks!

6. luisalonsoramos

Thanks, it was that. I changed the DTMF setting from in-audio to RFC2833 in the FXO Gateway (Grandstream GXW-4104) and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.