Automatic Routing Between Bridged Systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bamele, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamele

Hi I have a question about 2 3CX Phone Systems bridged together.

I am thinking of implementing 3CX systems in both our offices. I would like to know though if I bridge these offices and assign different prefix numbers to dial between extensions of these offices, will I be able to assign rules to an extension in office A to route to an extension in office B say when the office A is closed and someone from outside rings a number that is directed to an extension in office A.

In other words route a call to office B when office A is closed and a out of office rule is set up to forward the calls to office B.

Will I be able to see extension of Office B in the admin console of Office A when setting up a rule for the extension in office A?

Thanks in advance.

Bamele

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Just pretend it is an "External Number".
    So if in Office A you need to reach Office B, and it's prefix is 22 and want to forward calls to ext 300 - put 22300 in the External Call field. It will go thru the Outbound Rules and find the right one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

<-- if you have a PRO license only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Bamele

Thanks guys, these are all the answers I was looking for.

Time to deploy :)

5. netswork

netswork Active Member

If your install is going to be small, limited to these two sites, you dont have to use prefixes...just plan it out. I have a customer with 9 locations all bridged and we dont use any prefixes. So they just dial extension to extension like normal.

11xx branch 1
    12xx branch 2
    13xx branch 3
    ect.

I make sure to not overlap system extensions for things like trunks, ring groups, IVR's and conferencing. It makes it easier for the user to just dial the branches 4 digit extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.