Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Automatically Provisioning Cisco 504g BLF problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LiscardGP, Oct 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LiscardGP

Hi

I can successfully automatically provision a Cisco 504g phone. The phone has the firmware recommended by 3CX, and I am running 3CX version 10 with latest service packs.

My problem is that 3CX fails to set BLF options on the phone. When I enter BLF options in the first three fields of 3CX, and then re-provision the phone, the new entries only appear in Lines 3 and 4 on the phone. The first two lines on the phone are not used, and the third BLF option set in 3CX is ignored.

I have successfully manually set up the BLF options using the phones web interface, but this is overwritten when the phone is automatically re-provisioned. Also, I am planning on using more of these phones so I would like to be able to set BLF option automatically using 3CX functionality.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. A.burton

Hi

Take a look at the Cisco Template below. It basically says in the documentation that the first few blfs must contain specific Functions. This nearly drove me crazy provisioning my snoms. I just did the basic provison and then stopped the provisioning upon reboot. I then just set up the phone (as I only have 4 extesnions) in each phone web interface and saved this to disk for later use if I need it. Hope this helps.

<!--### BLF Settings ###-->
    <!--########################################################-->

<!--# The "Unit_1_Key_1" field contains a string value which specifies the type of functionality to assign to the first key on the SPA-932 Sidecar unit, and which extension number to monitor. The provisioning template sets the value to "fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=blf1@%%pbx_ip%%;nme=100" - unless BLF is not being used for the key, in which case the value will be blank.-->
    <!--# The string value contains 2 sections, separated by a ";" character.-->
    <!--# The first section must contain "fnc=sd+blf+cp" - which basically means SpeedDial + BLF + CallPickup.-->
    <!--# The second section must contain the extension identity for whose notifications the phone will subscribe, in the format "sub=blf1@%%pbx_ip%%" - where the variables "blf1" and "pbx_ip" will be replaced by the extension number chosen from the 3CX Management Console, and the IP Address of the 3CXPS machine.-->
    <!--# The second key is identified by the "Unit_1_Key_2" field, and will contain "sub=blf2@%%pbx_ip%%" (note reference to the "blf2" variable); the third key is identified by the "Unit_1_Key_3" field and will contain "sub=blf3@%%pbx_ip%%" (note reference to the "blf3" variable); and so on.-->

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.