Automatically Try to Register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there a setting that will cause the server to reset, or retry registering with a carrier if the line drops? For some reason my windows pc keeps losing the registered status for one reason or another.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Reregister

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not. The reregistration has to come from the client.

It would be a great feature to have, we will look into making a work around.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 Stages of Implementation

• I guess if it was possible it should work that the server will continue to try to register with the carrier if possible. A flag with a timer to retry should be easy enough. It would be a matter of triggering the same function that is triggered when you press the okay button after setting up a VOIP line and Gateway.

Subsequently have the client with the same setup would make that advantageous; that way someone doesn't miss important calls while working on a spreadsheet or standing at a whiteboard.

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Configure re-registratino

Well you can configure more frequent registration in the phone or SIP software client, just as the IP PBX can be configured to re-register more frequently with the VOIP provider.

However it has to be configured at the client end.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOWTO from a HOWDO

Thanks for the answer.

For those of you like me:

HOWTO Register Server More Frequently
    1. Under the lines menu click on <Manage>
    2. Click the hyperlink of the name of the Gateway you want to configure.
    3. Change the "Time between registration attemps (in seconds)"

*Note: 3600 is 1 hour.

I changed mine to 300 so I am wondering what the downside is; otherwise, why not set it to 1 minute?

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Re: HOWTO from a HOWDO

The only downside is the increasing of network traffic. But for home or small office network - it's not noticeable at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.