"AV Defender"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ian.watts, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

I haven't yet found the time to track it down.. so I figured I'd try the forumz.

We are looking to leverage the BitDefender option in our nCentral system, packaged as "AV Defender".
    The centralized controls are within nCentral, a platform from n-Able.

Anyway, the agent blocks CTI from connecting.. though switching to softphone and using that works fine.
    I have tried adding an exemption for the app/program process in nCentral for the softphone.. even turned "off" the av/antimalware components.

While that agent runs.. no CTI to be had.
    Uninstall.. works fine.

Clearly the agent is blocking.. somewhere.. but not the usual suspects.

Any ideas? I don't expect to hear much back on this post. :)

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Hey Ian,
    We are in the same boat, but didn't realize it until you posted this. My 3CXPhone stopped working a while back and I never got around to looking into it, but we also use N-Able and AV Defender. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Quick question though... are you using the default AV profile or did you customize one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Started with default.. but then cloned it and started modding.. first by stripping it down.. no help yet.
    Will fire up a VM to toy with it there for the now.

4. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

A coworker pulled the RTFM maneuver.. found that while the process exclusion will prevent blocking based on an app's behavior (file subsystem, processes, etc..), the "Network Scan" exclusion for the process will address the product clamping down the traffic.

Go figure.
    We threw in the global exclusion at our root.. for C:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.exe

Have fun.

5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Hey Ian,
    Thanks for the update. I hadn't even started looking into the issue, but it looks like that does the trick.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.