• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Avaya 9608

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronB31

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone to shove me in the right direction. I have successfully registered an Avaya 9608 with my hosted cloud 3CX server and the phone can receive inbound calls but cannot make outbound calls. Also, when the phone rings, I cannot answer it with the handset or the speaker phone. It will continuously ring, even after the inbound caller has hung up. Any suggestions?

I have bridged Avaya Pbx's with 3CX before but haven't ever tried using the phones with 3CX as:

1: they are proprietary handsets and rely on the Avaya for a lot of features and functionality.

2: A fully supported handet is relitivley cost effective and will give you the full functionality 3CX has to offer.

3: You have to manually set the phones, in this day and age you should never have to do this.

If you still wish to proceed I would suggest running a PCAP trace and verbose logs from 3CX and see if it gives you any idea why the call is not taking place.

If I recall from my Avaya days the phones rely on "short codes for a lot of their functionality, something 3CX does not use, so this maybe your issue.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.