Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Avaya 9608

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AaronB31, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronB31

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for someone to shove me in the right direction. I have successfully registered an Avaya 9608 with my hosted cloud 3CX server and the phone can receive inbound calls but cannot make outbound calls. Also, when the phone rings, I cannot answer it with the handset or the speaker phone. It will continuously ring, even after the inbound caller has hung up. Any suggestions?

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I have bridged Avaya Pbx's with 3CX before but haven't ever tried using the phones with 3CX as:

1: they are proprietary handsets and rely on the Avaya for a lot of features and functionality.

2: A fully supported handet is relitivley cost effective and will give you the full functionality 3CX has to offer.

3: You have to manually set the phones, in this day and age you should never have to do this.

If you still wish to proceed I would suggest running a PCAP trace and verbose logs from 3CX and see if it gives you any idea why the call is not taking place.

If I recall from my Avaya days the phones rely on "short codes for a lot of their functionality, something 3CX does not use, so this maybe your issue.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.