Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Avaya 9620

Discussion in 'Windows' started by chwebb1, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chwebb1

Hello,
    I have 2 Avaya 9620 SIP phones, and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting these to work with 3CX. Right now, they get stuck at "Contacting Call Server..." for me. I realise these phones aren't technically supported, but I'd love to get these working with 3CX. If anyone has these working, could you post your 46xx settings file for me, or tell me how you got it working? I am using version 2.6 SP4 of the SIP firmware, and 3CX version 9 SP 5a.
    Thanks!

2. kylejoe1

You testing 3CX? coming from an Avaya system?

We are looking at 3CX as our Avaya PBX is outdated, they want too much to update their system. We have the same phones as you, about 5 of them. Until we go live with 3CX, we can't convert those phones from H.323 to SIP just yet and test.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chwebb1

I actually got these phones cheap on eBay, but I've gotten outgoing calls working with firmware version 2.6.4. Right now, I can't seem to get incoming calls working. It gives error "305 - Use Proxy". This is actually the first phone I've not been able to get working with minimal effort (I have several other "Non-supported" phones working well, including a LG-Nortel 6830, Nortel 1535, and Aastra 9133i). If you want some phones that are easy to set up, I'd say go with Aastra phones, although it seems like people have had good luck with Polycom. I'd love to get my hands on a Nortel 11xx or 12xx series to try with it. I tried those earlier and ran into issues with them, but I'm curious if the updated firmware is more compatible.

Anywho, if anyone knows how to fix the "305 - Use Proxy" error, I'd love to know.
    Thanks.

4. kylejoe1

We'll probably go with the T-26P's from Yealink and a couple of their video phones. We'll probably ebay the 9620C's

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

a wise decision.

Honestly even if people bought these Cisco phones new it is still cheaper to throw them out and buy Yealink, Aastra, Polycom, Grandstream etc. than to try and get them working. If you use 3cx then get a supported phone as it is literally 3 clicks to get working.

6. willow

willow Member

I just set up a 9620c working on the latest release of 3CX and with the 2.6.4 sip firmware from avaya. I tested inbound and outbound calling with no problem. Coming from the fact that I've dealt with avaya for the past 11 years it didnt take much to get it working. I will attach my 46xxsettings file with the basic config. The phones will need flashed to the sip protocol via http or https but the 46xx should take care of the rest. This was tested on the inside lan and not doing anything remote just as an FYI

Attached Files:

7. kylejoe1

Awesome, we have 5 of them for our 150 phone base. Anything you had to do on the 3CX server side (admin console)?

8. chwebb1

Hello Willow,
    I just configured an IP Phone with your config file, and I'm still not able to receive inbound calls. I still get the 305 - Use Proxy error in the 3CX logs, and the phone doesn't ring. The only thing I changed were your IP addresses to match mine (192.168.10.241 to 192.168.0.4). That's the only thing I need to change, correct?
    Thanks!

9. willow

willow Member

The phones need flashed of course with the sip firmware and need to find the 46xxsettings file, but that was it. depending on how the phones where programmed in the past it would be a good idea to erase the config and start from scratch. I will upload a new 46xxsettings file with all the options enabled that are needed.
    There really wasnt anything that I had to do on the 3CX side to get it to work. just the proper login and password. There was a few places where the IP address needed to be changed in the 46xxsettings file, you just need to search for it and change.
    One thing I still have not gotten to work is the MWI. it wont light on my phone yet.

Attached Files:

10. chwebb1

Hmm, it still doesn't seem to work for me. I'm still not able to receive inbound calls. I have no idea what's going on, and why it would work for you and not for me. I have cleared the phone, and that didn't seem to fix anything (I reprovisioned afterwards). Thanks for trying to help me, though.

11. willow

willow Member

Just as an FYI I did get the MWI working after I loaded the new 46xxsettings file. (I really hate that file!)

12. chwebb1

I'm honestly not understanding why your system works when mine doesn't when we're using the exact same config file, firmware version, and phone system version. It just seems really weird to me. I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong.

13. willow

willow Member

You did change the Signaling on the phone to sip correct? There is an option when the phone is h323 to change it to

0 = default
    1 = h323
    2=sip

I changed my to sip and then flashed the phone for sip.

14. willow

willow Member

The only thin that i did out of the norm in 3cx is under the phone provisioning i left the mac address and model blank. everything else normal.

15. flavio_rescia

Dear,

I am with same problems.

I thing that some thing is related with IP address of PBX. Cause if i use one interface on same network of Avaya phones, works well.

But if my PBX is on a different networks, inbound calls dont work, and I have the same error:
    " -- Got SIP response 305 "Use Proxy" back from 10.51.102.2"

my e-mail: flavioresciadias@gmail.com
    my MSN: flavio_rescia@hotmail.com

16. chwebb1

I'm glad I'm not the only one with these issues. I've almost given up on getting this phone working. My phones are on the same subnet, so I don't think your network bug would affect that, unless I'm misreading your post. Anywho, if you figure it out, let me know.
    Thanks.

17. willow

willow Member

all of my tests where done on a local subnet. if you are trying to use the avaya phone on a remote network (nat traversal) The avaya phones dont support it.

18. chwebb1

I'm not trying to do that at all. The 3CX server and Avaya phone is on the same subnet. I'm not quite sure why mine doesn't work when yours does. Are you using the latest firmware?

19. coertvc

Hi Willow,

I have everything working, in and out going with Avaya 9650 firmware 2.6.12.1 on CX3(check my other posts) but have the issue that every outgoing first and third attempt fail and every second and fourth attempt is without any issues.

I checked your 46xx file and have almost the same,hence the following question; would you happen to have the 2.6.4 firmware ? and would you be interested sharing it ? Avaya only has 2.6.9 and up ( and those do not work for me either)

btw; I just ordered a bunch of 9620 to do the testing on those as well. handset wise you simply can not beat an avaya (if they work :lol: )

one thing that caught my eye in your config: you have "SET SIG 1" which actually is activating H.323 and not the SIP mode, can you elaborate ?

regards,

Coert

20. Tony69

Hi All,

When I make call phone to phone first time I got the busy signal.
    When I try call 2nd time immediately that is working.
    Although the outgoing ring is delayed (3-4sec).

This problem is Avaya 9620(L) to Avaya 9620(L) and Avaya 9620(L) to Cisco.

Cisco to Avaya 9620(L) is fast Cisco to Cisco is fast.

The any phone connected to local network.

I use this very simple config file to Avaya-s (just one line):

SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST 192.168.220.1:5060;transport=UDP

I try use the TCP but not solved the problem.

SIP versions:
    9620 = 2.6.12.1
    9620L = 2.6.16.1

Thank you any idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.