• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Avaya 9630 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberto.mauri

Reaction score
hello
i am trying to use Avaya 9630 phones with 3CX system
almost all is ok,
i installed SIP firmware and configured the phone almost in all functions.
one of the things that is driving me crazy is the date and time of the phone
every time i reboot a phone i lost the date and time, and it starts form 00:00 of 01/01/03. This is binded because on the phones' lcd there is not showed the current time and date.
the phone configuration is correct, because if i attach the same phone without change config to asterisk pabx, it appear and works correctly
so seems that 3CX not provide date and time to the phones by itself.
i try to find anything in the old posts but i wasn't able.
if anyone can help me i really appreciate it :)
thanks a lot
Roberto

Hello,
use ntp server

amygoda said:
Hello,
use ntp server

Hey, thanks for answering :)
i supposed the same, so, i have already installed Net Time Server & Client 2.1.0.297
nothing changed.
i set it up on default port 123, in unicast mode. i did some tests also with Tftpd32 3.29 but the same.
Thanks a lot
Roberto

Hello,
if you have firewall
open port 123 udp

Hello
find the solution :)
i have to stop the Windows Time service, that is the clinet of windows 2003 server.
after that NTP server works correctly
Thanks a lot amygoda
Regards
Roberto

Hello,
you're welcome
I'll try your ntp server

hello, i try to connect an avaya 9630 sip phone to my 3cx system. can you post the config of your phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.