• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Avaya Aura SES and 3CX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatboy40

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has ever setup 3CX against an Avaya Aura (Communications Manager) with SIP Enablement Services (SES).

SES allows you to create a UDP SIP trunk with the Avaya phone system, so in theory you can then connect to any third party SIP phone system, such as 3CX.

Thanks.

No reason for not been successful.
I did it successfully with IP Office 500V2 R6.1.

See this post also: http://www.3cx.com/forums/avaya-integration-16962.html

Regards

eagle is right. there is no reason why it should not work. the SES server will allow you to connect to other sip platforms the same as the 3cx does. it should be pretty easy.

Thanks guys.

I wanted to start a specific thread on this, as other threads relate to the IP Office which is a different beast from the Aura/CM.

The maintainer of our Avaya Aura has come back to me with a rough idea of pricing, it's going to be £10,000 (GBP) for the SES server.

I was hoping it would be no more than £4,000 as at that price I would just go ahead and buy it.

£10k is crazy money just to enable a phone system to be able to support UDP SIP trunks. I can see why they do it though, it stops you from buying a competitors phone system !.

you could always intergrate with pri and not sip trunks. the pri on the Aura will support most features of a SIP trunk and cost way less.

willow said:
you could always intergrate with pri and not sip trunks. the pri on the Aura will support most features of a SIP trunk and cost way less.

You've got me interested, now reel me in :)

So the Aura out to something like this...

http://www.patton.com/products/product_detail.asp?id=354

... which 3CX then uses ?.

exactly. the avaya is real good at doing any kind of routing that you need. and the 3cx is a good compliment by allowing sip phones and trunks at a pretty good reasonable price.

Fatboy40 said:
The maintainer of our Avaya Aura has come back to me with a rough idea of pricing, it's going to be £10,000 (GBP) for the SES server.

I was hoping it would be no more than £4,000 as at that price I would just go ahead and buy it.

£10k is crazy money just to enable a phone system to be able to support UDP SIP trunks. I can see why they do it though, it stops you from buying a competitors phone system !.

Can you share more details about your Avaya configuration ?
I will try to get a price for you from local distributor (our company is also Avaya partner).

Hi eagle2,

Thanks for the offer, however, I'm now more inclined to go down the Patton route as that way I'm not getting further locked into Avaya hardware and software.

I've sent an e-mail to Patton after some pre-sales advice and I'll see what their reply is.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itguys04
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.