avaya integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zano, Sep 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zano

Hello to all, I'm new to this forum.
    I have to interface an Avaya IP Office 406 v2 (5.0) with 3cx v.9 System. I would like to use wifi to connect different sip clients to 3cx and to interconnect 3cx to avaya to be able to have bidirectional call capabilities.
    I was thinking to have a sip trunk on the avaya (license required) conected to the 3cx ... is it possible. What should i have to do??? Please help me ... Thank you in advance.

2. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

It would probably save you a lot of time if you were to just bridge two 3CX pbx's together rather then taking the difficult path of trying to integrate one to another. But this will require two licences. Alternative you could have an external office connect via tunnel to the 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zano

The Problem is that all the infrastructure of the company is based on Avaya ... I would like to add SIP clients (Internal and External) having two systems connected togheter ... How can i make a tunnel between avaya and 3cx? Is it necessary?
    I think that connecting the two systems using SIP trunk should be easyer but I'm not sure which can be the issues and problems i can encounter ... what do you suggest? Is there a guideline?

Thank you

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Its best to completely replace the AVAYA system. Trying to interface them will be time intensive and is in fact unsupported.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. miles

Avaya will connect to a SIP trunk if you purchase SIP Entitlement Services (SES). Your other option is to use an H.323 trunk, which is supported in the CM versions without extra licenses (not sure about IP Office or 3CX on that one), or you could create either an analog FXO/FXS trunk or use a T1 trunk between them -- if you wanted to do it in hardware. Either way, you'd have to change the dial-plan in the Avaya and vice-versa.

6. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I was just wondering if this is still the case ?.

I've recently joined a new business, which is using an Avaya Aura, that I'd love to get SES setup on so that at a remote site we have I can replace their tired old analogue phone system with 3Cx v10.

With SES on the Avaya Aura I can then setup a UDP SIP trunk that I can use with 3CX, but if I did this and purchased maintenance for 3CX I'd get no support on that setup at all ?.

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

SES on Avaya is used with Communication Manager platform, not with IP office.

This IP office (406) is rather old, so it makes sense to replace it with something newer.

To interconnect Avaya with 3CX you need to implement the 'bridge' logic, either with defining a master bridge on 3CX and Avaya registering to it or with VoIP providers without registration in each of the PBXs (if both PBXs are in the same LAN).

I have successfully integrated 3CX Version 10 with IP Office 500V2 Release 6.1

Regards

8. Fatboy40

Fatboy40 New Member

I know, this is what I have, I stated this in my post (Avaya Aura). I was just taking a punt that another Aura/CM user had allready set this up.

I would also have though that 3CX themselves would be interested in providing some assistance as they'll get another sale :)

An Avaya Aura/CM with SES will provide a UDP SIP trunk and things should be relatively straight forward from there ?.

9. netswork

netswork Active Member

When ever we would connect a Cisco Callmanager to an Avaya system we would almost always use a T1 trunk between the two. From a T1 interface on the Avaya you would run a T1 crossover cable to a gateway connected to 3CX. Then you would just need dial rules to send calls across the trunk on both ends. This setup would be easier then trying to get sip to sip to talk between avaya and 3cx I would think.

10. willow

willow Member

The 3cx will intergrate with the avaya 406. I have done this quite a few times. The 406 can be upgraded and best to beupgraded to release 5 if the pcs version is 8 or higher.

11. vtaus

Hi Eagle2,

sorry to bring up a old topic, just trying to intergrate a ip office 500 and have found little to no info on how to do this.

12. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Try creating a master bridge in 3CX and register a SIP trunk in Avaya IP Office to it. You must be experienced into setting Avaya SIP trunk (at least having successful experience with a provider). Nothing special indeed.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.