Avaya link

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

Hi All,

We currently run an Avaya system in one part of our office and I'm looking and introducing 3CX in another part. I want to be able to transfer calls from one system to the other internally.

My Avaya guy has setup a SIP trunk and pointed it at my system and I have setup a generic SIP provider and pointed it at his system but I'm not getting anything when I try and transfer over.

I've made an outbound rule for numbers starting with 7, the digit gets stripped and then it's transferred over the outbound connection but I don't get anything.

My Avaya guy is telling me everything is right on his end, so where can I start digging to prove which of us has the issue?

Thanks.

Andrew.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problem may be, that both ends, have SIP trunks set-up that are trying to register with one another. One has to behave as a VoIP provider and accept registrations. 3CX should be able to do this with a Bridge trunk set as a Master, that should allow the Avaya to register to it.

That said...Bridge trunks are meant for use between two 3Cx PBX's, I don't recall seeing a confirmation that it will work with another brand of PBX, but, it's worth a try.

The alternative would be trying to register the Avaya trunk to a 3CX extension, and vice-versa, which limits your calling options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.