Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Avaya link

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by asmith3006, May 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asmith3006

Hi All,

We currently run an Avaya system in one part of our office and I'm looking and introducing 3CX in another part. I want to be able to transfer calls from one system to the other internally.

My Avaya guy has setup a SIP trunk and pointed it at my system and I have setup a generic SIP provider and pointed it at his system but I'm not getting anything when I try and transfer over.

I've made an outbound rule for numbers starting with 7, the digit gets stripped and then it's transferred over the outbound connection but I don't get anything.

My Avaya guy is telling me everything is right on his end, so where can I start digging to prove which of us has the issue?

Thanks.

Andrew.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The problem may be, that both ends, have SIP trunks set-up that are trying to register with one another. One has to behave as a VoIP provider and accept registrations. 3CX should be able to do this with a Bridge trunk set as a Master, that should allow the Avaya to register to it.

That said...Bridge trunks are meant for use between two 3Cx PBX's, I don't recall seeing a confirmation that it will work with another brand of PBX, but, it's worth a try.

The alternative would be trying to register the Avaya trunk to a 3CX extension, and vice-versa, which limits your calling options.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.