Away, DnD - Priority Internal Extemsions

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Melvin_XIII, Jan 5, 2017.

Away, DnD - Priority Internal Extemsions 4.8 5 5votes
4.8/5, 5 votes

1. Melvin_XIII

Hello,
    We have a couple extensions that always have to ring, no matter what the status of the extension or offive hour.
    In our Setup this is a door phone. At the moment, when an extension is set to Away or DND the door Phone doesn't ring on that extension. That is a problem as it can happen that noone reallises that someone is waiting outside the door.
    This feature is in my oppinion desirable anyway as DnD means that one is present but doesnot wish to be disturbed. One should be able to define select numbers that can reach you in such a situation.

2. rb1

rb1

Hi,
    I just found this request. I have a similar problem. We have customers who at times want to be unreachable, so they change their status to DND. However Priority calls (Superiors and select Family contacts) always have to be able to call on this number.

3. intuidis

This is similar to secretary filter, that is hightly asked from our customers.

You don't want direct calls on DND status, but some callers may bypass the forwarding rule... So you want to do an exception on these callers...
    But the exception menu does not permit a "do not forward" action :)

A workaroud I did find is : create a ring group, check on the Away/DND status that this extension should ring if the call is made on a group, and add on exceptions "if this is the door / the secretary > forward to this ring group"

4. Melvin_XIII

That work around is in use in one of my systems now too. But I also have use for a select external number being able to call and ring when ones status is set to DND or away