Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Away status log out of queues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pukkainc, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pukkainc

If I make myself a member of any queue(s), and I set my status to Away, I am automatically logged out of all queues. When I set my status back to Available, I am logged into all queues automatically. Perfect, that's what I want.

However, this doesn't happen for most (maybe all?) my other users. When they set status to away, they remain logged into queues and their phone rings. I cannot see anything different in the way I set mine up compared to theirs.

Any suggestions?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I believe the correct operation is that of the other users.

Generally the two functions of being in a Q and the status of an extension are independent of one another unless you have office hours set and have the system automatically handle Q agent logging (only logs out) at the extension level.

The reason for this is that one may not want to take calls that are specifically directed to the extension. In this manner they can elect to set their status to away, etc.; yet still be able to take calls (only) from the Q. Conversely, they may want to accept direct calls and not Q calls, so they set their status to available and log out of the Q.

Perhaps it has to do with how you change the status and if that may be sending addition codes?

3. pukkainc

I thought maybe so, so I tried all the different methods of changing my status, and no matter what I get logged out of queues. Not to mention my phone and softphone are setup the same exact way as everyone else.

I guess I see the point in doing it that way, but then again my users now have to change 2 different statuses when leaving their desk. I have enough trouble getting them to do 1!

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It might help to know make and model of phones, firmware and how provisioned.......to include the other phones that are the same.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The only thing that comes to mind without knowing the proisioning method you use or the type of phones you have is that in your extension settings under Office Hours Scheduling >>Automatic Extension Scheduling you have selected the:
    "LOg out of Queues when not available (Away/DO Not Disturb)" option

This way when you put your phone on away you will be loged out of Queues.

Additionally your users could use dial *61 which is a system Do Not Disturb dial code and affects the queues as well. They will have to use *60 to log back in though.

Hope this helps

6. pukkainc

YES! This is it! I must have checked mine at some point while I was doing testing. Didn't think to look under that tab to find it. This is exactly what I needed. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.