Away status when Windows 3CX Client not started

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JacobJ, Dec 11, 2017.

Away status when Windows 3CX Client not started 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. JacobJ

For a better presence management it would be perfect to have an option of linking the extension status with client state:

When the computer is off the status is "away". When the computer is online and 3CX Client is started the status is "available".

Everybody would know who is in the office and who is not.

Thomas Liesner likes this.
  2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

No definitely not, would break everything. Someone working on the road with the smartphone would never get calls :)

But we are looking at a device that will track a user in the office and then set to available, but this will be optional ofcourse many companies wont want this. Any case they are called iBeacons

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JacobJ

You are right. Cross the word "Windows" in my headline and it would be a solution for all users. Optional: No Clients online = Away

I think in most office environments the people don't use any mobile connections to 3CX and use a computer. You can optional link the client state with extension status.

4. Silly English Kniggit

If you want this - disable push on the extn and it should go unregistered when no phones are connected?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kim Eyckmans

It would be better/nicer that it's the server that is checking if a user/client/phone is active not the client is telling the server it's been inactive for x minutes.

We have most mismatched when a computer is put off or a laptop is just closed and left the office...

Is there a way now to get these statutes correct?

6. Silly English Kniggit

The activity detection is based on user use of the PC (mouse movement etc), not use of the phone. The PBX cannot detect the PC mouse movement and likewise - I might be using the computer for hours and not use the phone.

What you're asking for is that if PC not connected that extn stops being available. If users aren't using push (for mobile), then disable push on the extn and it should go unregistered when no phones are connected?

Please try this and let me know if it works.

7. Kim Eyckmans

I've tried this yesterday, but not the result I was hoping for. The extensions remained 'available' and were not set to away. Laptops that disconected for the network, desktops that where shutdown.

Maybe a remark I should have made earlier, all extensions are set to use the client as Desktopphone, all desks have a physical phone as well.

I was hoping to set the status in the presence of the softphone even if the physical phone remains online.