Axis A8004 (intercom) won't register

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by domoticom, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domoticom

I'm trying to register an Axis door intercom model A8004 on a 3CX hsted PBX v14.
    I asume the SIP part of this unit is the same as in other Axis products supporting VoIP.

I don't even get anything in 3CX activity log.

Does anybody have done this before with succes ?

Thnx, Mike

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using this on the same network as the server, or remotely?

3. domoticom

Server is hosted (remote) on internet, intercom is local.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you using this at a location with other SIP devices, through a 3CX SBC?

Looking over, what I assume is the manual for your device...

http://www.axis.com/files/manuals/um_a8 ... n_1512.pdf

On page 33, there appears to be both a Domain Name and Registrar address field. I have seen devices that require both to be filled, even if the same. Given that you are not seeing any signs of a registration attempt, I have to assume, there is information missing or it is trying to register to the wrong location, port, is being blocked. If you are trying to register to a Domain Name, try the public IP instead and see if it makes any difference.

5. domoticom

thnx for your effort, I really appreciate it.

I have the address of the 3CX PBX entered in both fields.
    To check DNS resolving I intentionally made a typo. Then the device logfile syas it can't resolve hat, so DNS is OK I asume.

I have enabled and disabled STUN, and tried different STUN servers.

Other devices like Gigaset N510 and Ubiquity UVP register OK from the same LAN as the A8004 is in.

I have submitted a support ticket @ Axis, maybe they have a solution after the weekend.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Even if all other settings were incorrect, as long as the destination and port of the 3CX server were, then there should be a sign of a (rejected) registration. Unless something (Firewall/Router) is blocking it. Did you try using the IP if the server itself?

You didn't say how multiple devices at the remote end were being managed. Do you just use a router, or is there an SBC involved?

The use of a tool such as Wireshark, would let you know what is being sent out by the Axis.

7. domoticom

I just tried the IP address (ping to hostname, used resolved address)
    Same result.

I don't have an SBC, used STUN on other devices with succes. SIP registeres ok, calls are fine.

I have downloaded the 3cx log tool, but no extry of any registration attempt from the A8004.

Today I disconnected the A8004 to have a go with a Polycom IP 6000.
    Unfortunately this one doesn't register as well......

I Use a Draytek Vigor 2920 router.
    Also tried forwarding ports, disabling firewall, and disable SIP ALG

No result.

I know Wireshark in the basics, but don't have experience in VoIP troubleshooting on packet level.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do you have a second location, to try a temporary install, of the device? If it registered from there, then you would know that it is something on that network. Router at the remote end generally doesn't require port forwarding but even if it was required that should not prevent registration attempts from being sent to the server, only replies. It does become more complicated when you start to use more than a couple of SIP devices at a remote location, that is why the use of the 3CX SBC is recommended, but again, you should see some sign that the Axis is getting a message through to the server even if it never receives a reply to allow registration.

You said you downloaded the 3CX Log tool, were you looking at the Server Activity Log, in 3CX?

9. domoticom

it works now.
    I had to add the SIP proxy portnumber to the registraar address.

Now voip calls work fine.

Next step is to get videocalls working....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.