B4 Digital Receptionist crashes Sipgate and internal calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mike_at_software, Jan 28, 2007.

1. mike_at_software

Hi,

I've used Beta 4 successfully to make and receive inbound calls using Sipgate. I've successfully worked around the known issue described here:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=801

by following Archie's advice.

If I now alter the 3CX configuration to use a digital receptionist, I can still make outbound calls, but any attempt to make inbound calls simply fails without any entries appearing in the 3CX log. Calling from any PSTN handset simply gets a number unobtainable tone.

The digital receptionist appears to be correctly configured, with a playable wav file, but using the feature simply stops other functions. I've tried setting up an internal extension to forward all calls to the digital receptionist, and then calling that extension from another internal one. The same effect happens - with digital receptionist on, the call fails. With digital receptionist off, the call succeeds.

Can anyone offer any help?

Regards.

Mike

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

Hi Mike,

Thank You for the information.

Does DR work if You call it directly using internal extension?

Thanks,
    Stepan

3. mike_at_software

Hi Stephan,

No - the call to th eDR fails internally also, but in this case, it does provide an entry in the server log, which is:

17:03:54.448 StratInOut::eek:nCancel: Call from Ext.100 to Ext.100 has been terminated
    17:03:53.776 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ext.100 to sip:800@10.0.0.18

I've no idea what the error in the "terminated" line means, or how to track/trace it.

Regards.

Mike

4. mike_at_software

Hi again Stepan,

Well this seems to be getting worse...

I deleted the original DR, create a new one, and tried again: same result. The server log had this error message:

"
    17:15:34.731 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Can not resolve target for call from "0131nnnnnnn"<sip:0131nnnnnnn@217.10.66.71>;tag=as6c88762e to <sip:44131zzzzzzz@217.10.79.8>
    17:15:34.731 CallConf::Rejected: Call (C:18) is rejected: Target is not resolved
    17:15:34.685 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ln:10000@sipgate to sip:44131zzzzzz@217.10.79.8

I could still make outbound calls after this message appeared. So, I switched off the DR again, tried to make another inbound call, and now I'm getting this message:

"
    17:22:01.523 CallConf::eek:nIncoming: Incoming call from Ln:10000@sipgate to sip:44131nnnnnnn@217.10.79.8 "

That's it - nothing else in the log. For the caller, the call is simply dropped as if the number is unobtainable.

So - Now not only does the DR not work, I also can no longer receive inbound calls.

If you can suggest any steps to firstly re-establish inbound calls, and then enable DR, I'd be grateful.

Regards.

Mike

5. mike_at_software

Well - only a reboot re-established inbound call capability - DR still crashes everything else

6. Alexander

Hi Make !

Can you please do the following steps:
    1. Reboot your machine (or restart 3CX services).
    2. Repeat your situation with IVR. Please don't restart services after that.
    3. Then please zip all the '<3CX Phone System folder>\Data\Logs' folder together with subdirectories and send the resulting file to me.

I'll have a look at logs,
    Thanks a lot in advance :)

7. Alexander

Sorry Mike, I've mistyped your name in the previous message :) Haste makes waste :)

8. mike_at_software

Hi Alexander,

Thanks.

Er... Um....... When I went to restart the 3CX services, the IVR service was not running. Duh! I guess that's why it wouldn't pick up a call then. But - the service is set to automatic start, so I'm not sure why it would suddenly be reluctant to start in B4, but ran fine in B3.

Thanks for your support - it's a really positive differentiator from the business of your competitors!

Regards.

Mike

9. Alexander

Hi Mike !

If there was an error of IVR service starting, then the information about the starting error has to be in the '<3CX PhoneSystem folder>\Data\Logs\3CXIvrServer.log' file. It can also be found in the Windows Events Log (Application log). If you will send it to me it'll be very helpful :)

10. mike_at_software

Hi Alexander,

I couldn't see an option to attach a file in this forum, so I've emailed the file to suppor@3cx.com.

If it helps you - I also noticed that the 3CX database server is reluctant to start - particularly after a reboot. That also requires manual intervention to get it to start. I posted about that issue here:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=759

Regards.

Mike

11. Alexander

Hi Mike !

Please send them to alexander@3cx.com :) It'll be faster for me to get them :)

I've also noticed in the logs you sent to Stepan that you had a problem with Postgress service starting and I think that's the reason why IVR service didn't start. Everything will be more clear when I'll have a look at logs.

12. Alexander

I've got the logs. Thanks a lot :)

13. mike_at_software

Hi Alexander,

I've now also sent the files to alexander@3cx.com.

Regards.

Mike

14. mike_at_software

I think we were editing at the same time!

15. Alexander

Hi Mike !

Could you please send me all the log-files from the 'Logs' folder, 3CXIvrServer.log is not enough for analyze... All I can see you are entering Digital Receptionist menu and then PBX closes the IVR session. I need other log-files to know out why.

16. mike_at_software

Hi Alexander.

I've now sent the full set of log files.

Regards.

Mike

17. Alexander

Hi Mike !

I've not yet got full set of logs. Probably it has stucked somewhere.

18. mike_at_software

Hi Alexander,

I've sent the files again. I've also copied them to support@3cx.com.

Regards.

Mike

19. Alexander

Hi Mike !

I want to tell you that we've found the bug concerning IVR service start and fixed it. It'll be included in the nearest beta build.

Though... I've not eventually got log-files from you :) sometimes e-mail pathes are thorny :)

Thanks for your help :)

20. mike_at_software

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the update. I'll wait for the fix. Sorry about the logs not arriving. I'm not sure what the problem is there.

Regards.

Mike