Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Babytel CallerID Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PatrickMcLean, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickMcLean

I'm using a Babytel trunk and cant seem to set the From: User Part to anything but AuthID (or blank custom field) or else I can't make outbound calls. I don't want to send my authID as callerID, I want the actual trunk # as callerID.

Like I can set it to a blank custom field and calls go through as "Unknown".

Or I can set it to AuthID, which shows my SIP User ID (which is not my Trunk #).

How do I get it to show Trunk # or nothing at all (Instead of Unknown).

#1 PatrickMcLean, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I use the Remote Party ID-Calling Party-User Part settings and leave the From: User Part as the AuthID, but, every provider can be different. You might want to ask them, in which field they want to see the outgoing CID number.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @PatrickMcLean

Since calls fail when authId is not present that means the provider requires this for calls to work. Perhaps you can send the AuthID to a different sip field but this is something you have to ask them.

4. Pierre Menard

Patrick,

We can apply a permission to allow any callerID on outbound calls, providing you complete a form. Please contact us by phone at 1-877-258-8647 or by email at service@babytel.net and we will proceed with your request.

Thank you,

Pierre Menard
    Enterprise Support Supervisor
    http://www.babytel.net/
    service@babytel.net
    Tel: 514-879-8585 X 210

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.