Babytel CallerID Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by PatrickMcLean, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatrickMcLean

I'm using a Babytel trunk and cant seem to set the From: User Part to anything but AuthID (or blank custom field) or else I can't make outbound calls. I don't want to send my authID as callerID, I want the actual trunk # as callerID.

Like I can set it to a blank custom field and calls go through as "Unknown".

Or I can set it to AuthID, which shows my SIP User ID (which is not my Trunk #).

How do I get it to show Trunk # or nothing at all (Instead of Unknown).

#1 PatrickMcLean, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I use the Remote Party ID-Calling Party-User Part settings and leave the From: User Part as the AuthID, but, every provider can be different. You might want to ask them, in which field they want to see the outgoing CID number.

3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @PatrickMcLean

Since calls fail when authId is not present that means the provider requires this for calls to work. Perhaps you can send the AuthID to a different sip field but this is something you have to ask them.

4. Pierre Menard

Patrick,

We can apply a permission to allow any callerID on outbound calls, providing you complete a form. Please contact us by phone at 1-877-258-8647 or by email at service@babytel.net and we will proceed with your request.

Thank you,

Pierre Menard
    Enterprise Support Supervisor
    http://www.babytel.net/
    service@babytel.net
    Tel: 514-879-8585 X 210

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.