Back to square 1.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iperez_genius, Jul 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iperez_genius

Below is a diagram of my setup.

What i need to do now, the next step is to recieve incoming calls from landlines / mobiles and make calls to landlines and mobile. As you can see from the diagram i have a pstn line connected and i am told by my IT manager that its working fine. What i am not sure of, is what is my next step.

Do i need to setup DID numbers?
    Is my current setup, ie a voip gateway connected to a pstn line, enough to receive and make inbound and outbound calls?
    Do i need a voip provider to do this?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Ilan

2. Henk

Henk Member

Yes, that is enough.

you can make calls and receive calls if you have a PSTN line, no DID or VSP required.

VSP's are used simply because "internet calls" (IP calls) are cheaper.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. iperez_genius

Henk,

so what i am not sure about is what would be the number. How would i call the extension 1207 from a landline...

the pstn number is 83472299
    and as the diagram shows its connected to the woip gateway.

If you need extra info let me know

Ilan

4. Henk

Henk Member

Someone dials the pstn number 83472299, this is then routed to 3CX by the SPA.

What you need to do is have 3CX playing a message that the user can dial 1207 to reach that extension.

We us the digital receptionist for that, this will play a message that prompts the caller to enter the extension of the person to reach (in this case 1207). You can also setup a ring group that makes all the extensions ring when someone calls the pstn line.

Hope this helps.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. new2voip

you make pstn goto digital receptionist. when digital receptionist is playing, caller can press 1207 or any extension of choice.
    see you are not at square 1? you are well on way

6. iperez_genius

This what i have setup now...
    1. I have setup a digital receptionist with virtual extension 8001
    within the setting when a caller dial 0 they get routed to extension 1207
    when they dial 1 they get routed to extension 1205

I have also setup two DID lines. one with an identification of 05 and one with 07,
    i am assuming that when someone dials 9999 9907 or 9999 9905 it will be routed accordingly.

what i am not sure about is
    a) have i setup everything up correctly
    b) the actaul number for the pstn line is 83462299, so does that mean i can call that line and the server should automatically recognise an incoming call?
    c) the pstnline is connected to a gateway with vitual extension 10002, does that mean anything...

can someone please advise what and where i go from where i am

Ilna

7. iperez_genius

i just tried to call the line and these are the results in the server status

12:12:17.824 evt::CheckAuth::not_handled [CM302002]: Authentication failed due to unidentified source of: SipReq: REGISTER 127.0.0.1:5060 tid=ca1dd27f59602c7d cseq=REGISTER contact=MakeCall@127.0.0.1:40600 / 2 from(wire)

12:12:16.652 AuthMgr::eek:nAuthFailure [CM102001]: Authentication failed for SipReq: REGISTER 127.0.0.1:5060 tid=2f11ff79c01d124a cseq=REGISTER contact=MakeCall@127.0.0.1:40600 / 2 from(wire); Reason: Credentials don't match, check that authorization-ID and password match the ones in extension settings

12:12:16.340 printDetailedInfo [CM502001]: Source info: From: "MakeCall"[sip:MakeCall@127.0.0.1:5060];tag=be7f9953; To: "MakeCall"[sip:MakeCall@127.0.0.1:5060]

And whats worse...these three errors havn't ceased, eventhough i have deleted the digital receptionist and the 2 DID lines...

Ilan

8. iperez_genius

Anopther issues is as follows...
    so i have my gateway sippura 3000 setup with the pstn line attached. the status is green, so i am happy.

I can call other internal extensions from the phone but i can't call the phone from other extensions.

The pstn line extension is 10002 and it has a pstn line attached and a normal touch tone phone attached...

Ilan

9. Henk

Henk Member

Line ID is not an extension.

To dial your PSTN connected phone you have to dial like you dial any other PSTN phone. the full number.

PSTN phones (Non IP Phones) cannot be used as an extension, they are connected to the fxo port and this port does not make it an IP Phone (that functionality does not exist (as yet)).

Does that make sense?

H.

10. iperez_genius

yep...
    i actaully just realised that was my mistake not 3 minutes ago...lol

I have now setup the same pstn line to have an identification of the pstn line number...ie
    it still has a vitural extension of 10002.
    <-- this still doesn't allow me to receive call by the way.

I have setup the during office hours that a digital receptionist will recieve the calls...

I have actually removed the touchtone phone from the gateway, and my goal is to recieve incoming calls.

Once i have owrked that out i will try to make outbound calls...

11. Henk

Henk Member

How are you going with this one?

H

12. iperez_genius

i can recieve incoming calls now...but after about 1 second the line goes silient...

i have posted the server status log in the other post...

the call terminates and then re-connects and terminates again until i hang up the phone.

and i am still unable to make calls from an extension even though i have setup an outbound rule.

FYI --> the outbound rule states uses the gateway, and when the user enters the number 7 first

not sure why its not working.

Taking a little break from the project and will get back to it this afternoon

Ilan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.