Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Backup - FTP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gigatech, Dec 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gigatech

Hi guys and gals,

I am using the latest 3CX version 15.5 and you have NO options to backup to FTP for FTP over TLS, why, why, why...

FTP using plain text is just crazy... and google drive, stop it, your all so funny...

I am NOT going to open up my FTP servers to plain text, is there any way to get this working?

Thanks

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

It's "you're," not "your."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gigatech

seriously... out of that you get the typo/grammar...

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT...

anyone else with a clue?

4. dan_tx

dan_tx New Member

Backup locally and use a third party ftp with scripts?

5. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi gigatech,

I am pretty sure this option is not available within 3CX, so maybe one for the ideas site. It would be useful would agree.

I have used RSync in the past for the sending of locally saved files like recordings off of the server - (backups/recordings should never be kept locally): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync.

Unfortunately Rsync can't do this for you, it is a protocol of its own and doesn't work over FTP.

You could in this case try csync. IIRC it provides rsync-like behaviour over HTTP. You will need to test and see if it will work over FTP as I have not tried this myself: https://www.csync.org/

Worth a shot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.