Backup - Include contents of Firmware Folder

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by techdummy, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techdummy

techdummy New Member

Hi,

I'm taking a backup of the 3CX v12.5, and I see there are a few things I can chose to ignore.
    If I don't check the option "Include contents of Firmware Folder", what will happen??

I'm planning to restore the backup on to the v15.5.
    All the phones we are using will remain the same expect for the obvious client for windows.

So, do I have to check "Include contents of Firmware Folder" during backup, or what happens if I don't?

Thank you.

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So if you check the box it includes the contents of the Firmware folder. If you don't check the box it doesn't. Is this a trick question?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @techdummy

When you upgrade to V15.5 you will need to upgrade your phones to the supported version for V15.5. You can find the supported firmware for your phones here.
    If you include the option in your backup then firmware versions that were downloaded for V12.5 will be included in the backup but are not really necessary for V15.5 as new firmware will be downloaded for this version. It is up to you to include it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.