Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Backup/Restore functionality

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stangri, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stangri

Hello,

If it comes to a point where I need to re-create the VM currently running 3cx and restore from the backup, I'm wondering what the step-by-step procedure is.

1. Do I need to enter the licence key or can it be restored from the backup?
    2. Does the backup include all extensions/trunks with all the credentials and all the inbound/outbound rules?
    3. I'm using a third-level 3cx.us domain name for the setup -- is it linked to the licence key? Would I have to set up a new third-level domain name if I kill the current VM and set up the new one?
    4. Anything else I might need to do on the current VM before I kill it to ensure the smooth restore when I create a new VM?

Thanks!

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @stangri

What is included in the backup depends on what you select during the backup procedure. For a full backup select all options.
    The licence key is bound to the FQDN during the installation. It will stay bound unless you manually release it from the costumer portal.
    So if you use the same key you will automatically be given the same FQDN.
    The licence key can be restored from the backup if the option is selected.

Make sure that you restore on a machine that has the same local IP. This way you will not need to do anything else.

If the machine you are restoring will not have the same local IP then your backup should not include the option "Include License Key Information & FQDN" which included network information.
    This way your backup will not include the licence key and you will need to provide the key when you re-install. The key however will still be bound to the FQDN

stangri likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.