Backup server

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

Some advise please.

After experiencing some problems with my main server a few days ago, I installed a new copy of 3CX on another server to keep the PBX running whilst I fixed the problems on the primary server.

Thought this would be simple, but thats another story.

However, now that I have the primary server running again, I would like to keep the installation of the backup installed on my other system just in case I need it again. However, each time I start the machine, 3CX is enabled and tries to log onto my SIP providers.

Is there anyway to disable the functionality rather than remove the 3CX installation?

Thanks in advance
    Iain

2. countrycomp

Set the 3CX services todisabled on the backup server.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

On the backup server set all of the 3CX services to not start automatically. Then create a batch file that starts them up. This way if you have a problem you can simply double-click an icon on the desktop to fire up the services and even restore a current configuration.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

How do you deal with having two devices on the network, with the same IP, at the same time? I would assume that the second server would have to have the same IP (at some point) for devices to be able to register with it.

Please excuse my ignorance as I don't normally work with servers.

5. haywardi

Hi Lee,

Actually I would cheat! The pbx is the only app that requires an dedicated ip (everything else is name based) therefore the backup server can run on it's own ip until required. Then a simple change in the dhcp server to allocate the primary server ip address on reboot, job done.

Iain

6. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

not so good if you also run Exchnage server on the main server and have port forwarding setup on the router!

maybe a workarond is to have two ips on the main server, one for other I.T services such as Exchnage and thne another IP for 3CX, all you do then is disable the second IP on the main server and enable it on the second server?

hope this makes sence.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.