Backup settings not backed up/restored

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cobaltit, Jul 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

So I'm happy to see that my restore of v15 beta to my v15RC restored the SMTP settings. But it looks like it didn't save/restore my backup schedule.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jed

jed New Member

More Backup Findings

The path for Backup isent restored ether, we normally use C:\3CX Backup, and the Backup Location is changed to: C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data/Backups (plz. also note the forward Slash)

/Jesper
    JED

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Could you please check the following,

Open your backup.zip and edit the DB XML file (XXXXXXXXDb.xml)

Go at the bottom and confirm the following section,

<mailSettings>
    <mailServerHost>smtp001.3cx.com</mailServerHost>
    <mailServerPort>25</mailServerPort>
    <mailFromAddress>noreply@3cx.com</mailFromAddress>
    <mailServerUser></mailServerUser>
    <mailServerPassword></mailServerPassword>
    <mailServerUseTLS>False</mailServerUseTLS>
    </mailSettings>
    <generalSettings>
    <backupPath>D:\Backups</backupPath>
    <recordingPath>D:\Recordings</recordingPath>
    </generalSettings>

Can you confirm that they point to the new path and you have your smtp settings specified?

If no this means that you are using an old backup which in previous builds we did not use to save this parameters inside backup nor restore.

If you have everything saved inside backup then restore this backup and provide restorecmd log if you are restoring via Web Management Console. If you are restoring via PbxConfigTool than provide pbxconfig tool.

Let me know thanks

4. pact

pact New Member

I've found the same, V14.SP3 -> 15RC2 no backup settings or smtp settings were restored.

Checked the Final Backup I did on V14.SP3 and it has no backup settings or smtp settings in the xml.

I noticed this as well (the forward slash).

5. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Yes, its normal that if you restore a V14 SP3 backup it will not be restored because we implemented this in V15 RC2.

If you are planning to restore from older builds, when restore is successful and you login to Web Management Console you will see a Wizard, you will need to reconfigure again SMTP and also goto Backups/Recordings change location. From that point onward any backups you will make when you restore, PBX will restore all the mentioned above settings.

Regarding (the forward slash) its not a problem.

6. jed

jed New Member

Hi MichaelB

I can confirm that the Backup settings is OK in the Backups made by the RC2 :D
    Was not in backups made by Beta or RC, but that dosent matter now:)

/Jesper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.