Backup utility command line options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Aug 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

I'm assuming that the "/voicmails" in the examples is a typo? It shows incorrectly in the examples, but correctly below it under Options. Weird thing is that it doesn't matter if I run the batch file with /voicmails or /voicemails, it results in the same size backup file (6,517KB) with no errors. Just wanted to double check.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Obviously a typo, strange that there is no error message as it should not be able to find the incorrectly typed directory. As for the size, do you (or other users) have saved voicemails that would normally be backed up.

3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

What size of file is it when you do it manually and check the voicemail option? I would suggest your run it manually without, then manually with. Compare the two file sizes. Then run it via commandline and compare the file sizes.

I know it works as I have one customer with 1.5Gb of voicemails!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sunstate

sunstate Member

Right now there is a single voicemail in the system and it's for extension 200. When I run the backup with /voicmails or /voicemails it backs up that voicemail. I can open the zip and see the voicemails\200 directory and the single wav file in it.

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

According to our developers, you can use any wording you want for the voicemail command as long as that word contains the word "mail".

When you run the backup through the command prompt with the Voicemail command, after the 3CXBackup n Restore pops up you should see that the VoiceMail Tick Box is ticked. Personally i've tried running it and it seems to work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.