Backup wrong file extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Stiderx, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stiderx

Hi all
    I seem to have a problem with creating a backup using the 3cx utillity, it runs and states all complete and okay, but when you check the file it has a file type of "09 File" and 3cx therefore does not recognise it for restore.
    Any ideas?

2. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

HI

Are you performing the backup manually or via some schedule? If via schedule please advise the script you are using.

If you are doing it manually, are you exiting the Backup Restore tool AND check that Task Manager confirms the Backup tool and not running?

Let us know,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stiderx

Hi
    I am running the backup manually, and the process finishes completely, no sign of any problems in task manager.
    If I rename the backup i.e add the extension .zip the file is okay and usable, this has happened on two systems and they are both Windows 2k3 SBS, I still cannot find a cause or common factor other than the operating system.

4. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Will try to produce this and advise.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Stiderx

Hi
    Sorry my fault, in my haste I had used an illegal character in the file name, once again sorry for wasting everbodies time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.