bad audio in call group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by janr, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janr

Hello,
    We have a strange problem> We have one call group with abt. 10 extensions. The extensions can call each other and audio is very good.
    As soon as an external voip line comes in, the audio quality is very bad is the user is lower than the 4th position in the list of extensions in that queue. I we move a certain user up to position 1-4 the call is excellent, if they are lower you can't understand a thing... It's the latest 5.x release.

How can the order of the call group (ring all) influence the audio quality?

Thanks

jan r

2. darrellchapman

That's very weird. Audio quality issues can come from a variety of areas, but I start with maybe looking at bandwidth issues. I know that doesn't explain why the first few extensions in the group can get good call quality but its a start. Also what about the quality of the audio on the other end of the line. What's that like?

Now is this a ring group or a queue?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. alsoft

Are you using the same codec on all extensions?

4. jwr17

Hi,
    Bandwidth is not an issue, the server is running in a datacenter and directly connected to our core router at 100mb/s. The uplink from the switch to the router is 1gb/s.
    All extensions are Grandstream GXP-2000 with the same set of codecs. Also, in 3CX I only use theG.711 ulaw and alax codecs.

I have no clue where to look further so solve the problem. It's very annoying to change the order constantly (we have unmanned extensions at certain hours).

thanks
    Jan

5. jwr17

Darell,
    It's a ring group and the audio on the other side is also bad if a 'bad' extension is anwering.

jan

6. darrellchapman

Jan,

This only happens in the ring group correct? If a caller were to call in to you DR, and they dial one of the "bad" extensions, how's the call quality? I'm trying to determine if the problem is specific to the ring group.

Also, can you setup a similar ring group and test if it does the same thing?

One one more thing, if an internal extension were to call the ring group number, and the call is answered by one of the "bad" extensions, how's the call quality then? This will tell us it's limited to ring group/external call combo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. janr

Sorry for the lare reply. It's only ring group related. I've the followinf extensions setup in ringgroup 8000 (in this order)
    etc.

Incoming call to group and answered by any extension below 1003 -> bad quality (underwater sound). If we call direct to ie 1015 from any extension sound is OK. If I add an external line which goes directly to 1015 sound is OK too> Definitly a ringgroup issue in my opinion, but I can not fine the logic in it. What we do now is move the required extensions up and down in the ringgroup list based on who is in the office.. not a nice solution

Thanks for any help

jan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.