Bad call quality and echo

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by telica, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. telica

Hi Guys,

I have a customer who is experiencing call qulaity issues over a SIP providor including Echo. Internal calls are all OK.

The 3CX has 2 networkcards running V7.1 and Win XP Pro with all AV and Firewalls turned off.. The first network card is on the private Internal LAN with the rest of the Snom phones, PC's, Servers etc.

The second network card is on a seperate subnet connected to a Cisco router provided by the SIP providor which is meant to be a quality assurance broadband line.

I have only ever seen a maximum of 3 external calls going through the system and the line is assured upto 8 concurrent.

We have tried G711 and G729 and still get issues.

I have logged calls with the SIP providor with not much outcome so wondered if you guys could add anything extra?

Regards

Steve

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

hi,

do you have open ports in routeur ?
    are you sure that stunt port is ok ? check log file ?

can you test with an other router ? Are you sure that your network is in cat5E ?

regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ciscotech2007

You need to check the basic troubleshooting page here;

http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/troubleshooting

Basically it sounds like;

your VoIP trunk provider is NOT terminating at the PSTN (telephone network) but reselling your service to another provider which causes delays

you need to verify all your devices have the correct codecs in the correct order, 3CX natively runs 711a

if your using linksys SPA phones echo is a rather common issue. Thats why we don't use them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Try with a supported voip provider first. If you do not experience the problem, then you have your answer :)

5. zensoftware

zensoftware New Member

Steve,

You should be posting on the Partner forum.

If your login doesnt allow access to the Partner forum, let me know and I will get that sorted out for you.

Emmet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.