• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bad call quality and echo

Status
Not open for further replies.

telica

Platinum Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a customer who is experiencing call qulaity issues over a SIP providor including Echo. Internal calls are all OK.

The 3CX has 2 networkcards running V7.1 and Win XP Pro with all AV and Firewalls turned off.. The first network card is on the private Internal LAN with the rest of the Snom phones, PC's, Servers etc.

The second network card is on a seperate subnet connected to a Cisco router provided by the SIP providor which is meant to be a quality assurance broadband line.

I have only ever seen a maximum of 3 external calls going through the system and the line is assured upto 8 concurrent.

We have tried G711 and G729 and still get issues.

I have logged calls with the SIP providor with not much outcome so wondered if you guys could add anything extra?

Regards

Steve

hi,

do you have open ports in routeur ?
are you sure that stunt port is ok ? check log file ?

can you test with an other router ? Are you sure that your network is in cat5E ?

regards.

You need to check the basic troubleshooting page here;

http://wiki.3cx.com/Home/troubleshooting

Basically it sounds like;

your VoIP trunk provider is NOT terminating at the PSTN (telephone network) but reselling your service to another provider which causes delays

you need to verify all your devices have the correct codecs in the correct order, 3CX natively runs 711a

if your using linksys SPA phones echo is a rather common issue. Thats why we don't use them.

Try with a supported voip provider first. If you do not experience the problem, then you have your answer :)

Steve,

You should be posting on the Partner forum.

If your login doesnt allow access to the Partner forum, let me know and I will get that sorted out for you.

Emmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.