• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bad echo on auto provisioned Polycom 301

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSDKen

Customer
Reaction score
I finally got my 3cx v7 running with a test Polycom 301 SIP phone and a laptop running the 3CX client. I am getting a very bad echo in the handset of the polycom. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Not sure if this helps, but the phone worked just fine on a trixbox install.

Thanks,

Ken

I have my polycom and my laptop in two separate rooms, so I do not think this is the issue. I will try another polycom phone and see how it does.

I'm getting pretty bad echo on my Polycom 560 test unit. I haven't done much in the way of diagnostics yet, though. The interesting thing is the echo is *only* on the Polycom end. The person on the other end has no problems with call quality.

I have "PBX Delivers audio" turned off and I'm running 3CX V7 with auto-provisioning.

Hi

Can you please try to change the RTP codec priority to G729 / G711u / G711a ?

We have had 1 other report about this, which was solved as above however we are unable to reproduce in house.

Please advise outcome.

I presume you mean, change the settings in the phone itself. Will this be automatically setup in a future provisioning update?

William400 said:
Hi

Can you please try to change the RTP codec priority to G729 / G711u / G711a ?

We have had 1 other report about this, which was solved as above however we are unable to reproduce in house.

Please advise outcome.

I went to the phone web page -> General -> Audio Processing and changed to:

G.729AB / G.711MU / G.711A / G.722

According to my test engineer (the boss) the call quality was worse today. Unfortunately, this is not a scientific result and I'm having him go back and test

G.722 / G.711MU / G.711A / G.729AB (the default)

to see if things go back to the way they were.

These problems are so aggravating...

The Polycom hasn't echoed at all today and my call quality issues appear to be a result of a poor link back to my provider. I'll update if I find out more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.