Bad echo on auto provisioned Polycom 301

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by TSDKen, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TSDKen

I finally got my 3cx v7 running with a test Polycom 301 SIP phone and a laptop running the 3CX client. I am getting a very bad echo in the handset of the polycom. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can do to fix it? Not sure if this helps, but the phone worked just fine on a trixbox install.

Thanks,

Ken

2. TSDKen

I have my polycom and my laptop in two separate rooms, so I do not think this is the issue. I will try another polycom phone and see how it does.

3. instantexpert

I'm getting pretty bad echo on my Polycom 560 test unit. I haven't done much in the way of diagnostics yet, though. The interesting thing is the echo is *only* on the Polycom end. The person on the other end has no problems with call quality.

I have "PBX Delivers audio" turned off and I'm running 3CX V7 with auto-provisioning.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. William400

William400 Well-Known Member

Hi

Can you please try to change the RTP codec priority to G729 / G711u / G711a ?

We have had 1 other report about this, which was solved as above however we are unable to reproduce in house.

Please advise outcome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. instantexpert

I presume you mean, change the settings in the phone itself. Will this be automatically setup in a future provisioning update?

6. instantexpert

I went to the phone web page -> General -> Audio Processing and changed to:

G.729AB / G.711MU / G.711A / G.722

According to my test engineer (the boss) the call quality was worse today. Unfortunately, this is not a scientific result and I'm having him go back and test

G.722 / G.711MU / G.711A / G.729AB (the default)

to see if things go back to the way they were.

7. instantexpert

These problems are so aggravating...

The Polycom hasn't echoed at all today and my call quality issues appear to be a result of a poor link back to my provider. I'll update if I find out more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.