• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bandwidth.com Sip Trunk setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dctrross

Reaction score
HI,

Has anyone been able to successfully set up a Sip Trunk with Bandwidth.com and if so can you give me a bit of help?

My company has successfully setup a bandwidth.com trunk.

Thanks for the response, it is good to know that it will work. Did you have to do anything different than the basic setup?

I just spoke with Bandwidth support and they are getting a 407 proxy authentication request. How can I turn that off on my side?

Did you have any luck getting this setup?
We are trying to get a 3CX unit setup and really having issues with trying to figure out how to get our Bandwidth.com account working with it. We currently have FreePBX up and running with 10DIDs and 4channels.
Would love to hear your config if you were able to get this working.

There is a Bandwidth template you can download or just use the generic Sip trunk. I chase a random number for External Number, Authentication ID and Authentication Password. Under Advanced used do not require for require registration for.

I had to mess with the callerID parameters on the outbound and used Source Identification by DID on the Source DID tab because we have multiple DID's directed inbound.

I have been using them.
I did have to turn off "Supports Re-Invite" or else i could not put outbound calls on Hold
I also had to change the " From User Part" to get the Outbound Caller ID Number to work.
The only thing that i have not been able to get to work is the Outbound Caller ID NAME.
Has anyone been successful with that?

Name is normally done by the carrier. Each carrier in the USA has a database of names that it updates.

Outbound name is usually set by the carrier although when a call is forwarded through bandwidth you can get the forwarded call to show the name and number of the original caller. I had to change under voip provider Outbound Parameters:

Request Line URI: User part to --> "CalledNum" number that has been dialed
To: Display Name: to --> "Called Name" name that has been dialed
To: User Part to: to --> "CalledNum" number that has been dialed

3CX now has Bandwidth.com predefined in the list of providers. However, does anyone know what to put at the bandwidth.com side to point it to the 3cx as the endpoint? Their docs are very confusing and any help will be great.

Reactions: Charlie_P
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.