Bandwidth.com Trunks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by levi.lohrman, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levi.lohrman

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi everyone!
    I am new to 3cx and am having some issues getting bandwidth.com SIP Trunks working with 3cx. Outbound calls seem to work just fine, but inbound is where the problem occurs. Bandwidth.com doesn't use registration with it's trunks, so I assume that is where the problem lies. Even though I have "Require registration for" set to "Do not require," it isn't working.

    A screenshot of my log is attached. You can see where I am getting the "Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification" error. I followed the 3CX FAQ on the topic, but that didn't seem to help.
    Here is what I did:

    Went to my bandwidth.com trunk,
    went to "Source ID" tab
    Under SIP Field, selected "Requested Line URI: User Part"
    Under Variable, selected Custom Field, and entered My_Public_IP:5060

    That didn't work.

    So I deleted that, and tried it with Requested Line URI: Host Part (everything else was the same). It kinda worked. The call would come through, but the system would not recognize the DID, so I cant route the DIDs. They all route to where ever the main trunk is routed.

    Anyone have any insight?
     

    Attached Files:

  2. willow

    willow Member

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2011
    Messages:
    471
    Likes Received:
    0
    Did you also check the source identification by DID box and add your DIDs to the list. and also add the ports to the list on the DID tab?
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. levi.lohrman

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2011
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    I eventually worked with Steve over a Jomar Technologies (in Houston) who were able to get me squared away. This is what they did:

    -Changed the Port ID to some random number
    -Setup the DIDs within the voip provider in the following format: *1234567890 (so I didn't have to put the +1 in front of the DID).
    -In the "Source ID" tab, check the "Source identification by did" box.
    -for "SIP Field containing DID numbers" select "Request Line URI: User part"
    -Click "Add DID" and select all of your DIDs and click okay.

    This seemed to fix my problem.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.