• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Bandwidth.com Trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

levi.lohrman

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I am new to 3cx and am having some issues getting bandwidth.com SIP Trunks working with 3cx. Outbound calls seem to work just fine, but inbound is where the problem occurs. Bandwidth.com doesn't use registration with it's trunks, so I assume that is where the problem lies. Even though I have "Require registration for" set to "Do not require," it isn't working.

A screenshot of my log is attached. You can see where I am getting the "Unidentified incoming call. Review INVITE and adjust source identification" error. I followed the 3CX FAQ on the topic, but that didn't seem to help.
Here is what I did:

Went to my bandwidth.com trunk,
went to "Source ID" tab
Under SIP Field, selected "Requested Line URI: User Part"
Under Variable, selected Custom Field, and entered My_Public_IP:5060

That didn't work.

So I deleted that, and tried it with Requested Line URI: Host Part (everything else was the same). It kinda worked. The call would come through, but the system would not recognize the DID, so I cant route the DIDs. They all route to where ever the main trunk is routed.

Anyone have any insight?

Attachments

• 3cxlog.jpg
    3cxlog.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 701
Did you also check the source identification by DID box and add your DIDs to the list. and also add the ports to the list on the DID tab?

I eventually worked with Steve over a Jomar Technologies (in Houston) who were able to get me squared away. This is what they did:

-Changed the Port ID to some random number
-Setup the DIDs within the voip provider in the following format: *1234567890 (so I didn't have to put the +1 in front of the DID).
-In the "Source ID" tab, check the "Source identification by did" box.
-for "SIP Field containing DID numbers" select "Request Line URI: User part"
-Click "Add DID" and select all of your DIDs and click okay.

This seemed to fix my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YBow
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.