Barge In, Listen In, Whisper Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lloydr1l, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lloydr1l

I'm not sure if this is working correctly or not. Having given an extension rights to allow this, trying to "Listen in" using CTI mode rings the phone with the display showing "Barge In". I thought it might be that you couldn't use the phone for this, so I switched to 3CXPhone mode, and again selected "Listen In", not "Barge In", but the interface picks up on the call and displays "Barge In".

I hear everything fine, but it seems I am using the wrong feature after having chosen something different. In other words, using "Barge in" when I wanted "Listen in". Could someone clarify this for me, or point me to an article discussing in more detail how this is supposed to work? Shouldn't both the phone and display both show "Listen in" instead?

Using Version 14 sp3 Pro.

Thanks

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

3. lloydr1l

Hi Ineblett,

I've done that. That's what I meant by having given an extension rights, and the extension is able to do so. However, it only displays as "Barge In" on the display. Therefore, I do not know if it is working correctly, and I am actually barging in, instead of listening in. That's the issue.

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Presumably you could do a test by setting up a call and then doing the listen-in from a another extension. If you talk and the others hear you, then it more than a simple listen.

5. lloydr1l

Yes, I tested, and they did not hear me. But I don't understand why it doesn't reflect that on the phone, or the 3CXPhone interface. If that's the way it's supposed to be, so be it. It just seems strange. Thanks for the input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.