• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Barring certain numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin

Reaction score
Is there any way of stopping certain numbers being dialled? Basically I do not want the others that use VOIP software and hardware to be able to dial any Mobile or Premium service numbers (In Australia thats numbers starting with 04 for mobiles and 1900/1902 for premium). I tried doing this with an outbound rule but that didn't seem to work. I am happy if it would just redirect the call to a digital receptionist extension or something that just says that the call cannot be made but can't work out how to do this.

Also with my VOIP provider I need to dial the 2 digit area code before the phone number which I don't need to on the PSTN line unless it is interstate. Is there anyway to configure the phone system to automatically put that area code for all calls made in automatically? Also I would only want it for phone numbers starting with 5-9 as I still occasionally use it to call interstate which would require a 0x area code.

In order to stop certain numbers being dialled, you may create a gateway (PSTN line) with invalid data. That gateway will never register with 3CX, and will never be available. Then you can create an outbound rule for that numbers, and redirect that calls to the invalid gateway. Probably you will not receive a very nice message, but the call will not progress...

To automatically add digits to calls using your VoIP provider, configure "Prepend" digits when you create the outbound route.

I ended up doing a simple barr, I just created a outbound rule that routed the numbers starting with XX that I wanted barred and set the "Make Outbound Calls on" - "Route 1" to the blank field and hit ok. Now they just get a rapid busy signal when calling those numbers. I still would prefer it to go to a digital receptionist saying some pre recorded prompt so if there is the developers reading this *hint hint*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.