Basic 3CX Setup for Small Office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by digitalguy2k, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. digitalguy2k

Just sharing my goal before ordering equipment.
    We have a small business with three analog telephone lines, line 1, line 2 and a dedicated fax line.
    Was going to purchase two Linksys SPA-3102 boxes and three Linksys SPA-962 telephones.
    There's a dedicated Dell Precision workstation that's being used to host the 3CX platform.
    Planning on using the Skype gateway as well.

Does this sound okay? A good start?

Weldon

2. danj

Hello,

That will work. If you want a few other suggestions I'd recommend using our hardware advisor.

http://www.telephonyadvice.com/?a=true

Regards,

Dan Jennings

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. discovery1

discovery1 Member

I'd suggest a Patton 4112 to replace the SPA3102's or even a Patton 4114 if you want to send the incoming faxes to the 3CX fax server.
    There are too many random problems with the 3102's for me to recommend them for business use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 888Mike

The PSTN port on the SPA3102 is designed as a FailOver port - I would not recommend using it as an FXO gateway.

I agree with Discovery1, go with a Patton Gateway, or a Grandstream Gateway.. Audiocodes etc... Just make sure you are buying a VoIP Gateway and not an ATA for FXO conversion, its generally easier and more reliable + feature rich.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.