Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Basic adding of account

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Emelie, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emelie

Hello,

Maybe some kind person can help me here.

I recently installed version 15.5.10795.4 of the app on my work laptop. However, since installing I have not been able configure it and set up an account. I understand you are supposed to get some sort of welcome email with login details to the browser version where you can add accounts. However, nowhere in the installation process I was asked for my email. So consequently I have no way of logging in to the browser version to add my phone number and start using the app.

The app was provided by my employer. Their IT support will not help me, as they say they only help out with the installation, not the configuring of software. So I am on my own here. What can I do to get the app up an running?

Thanks! :)

2. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Emelie

Installing the 3cx client will not ask you for your email, this is done when installing the PBX. Do you already have your account details? If not, the admin of the PBX must create an extension for you and send you the welcoming email that will include your details and a config file attached that will autoprovision your client.

3. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Your IT department, would have created an 3CX extension within the management console for you.

They need to send you the 'Welcome Email' within the 3CX management console, this will have all the required details / config file to setup the 3CX client on your laptop

4. Emelie

Thank you very much! :)

This is what I have been thinking all along. But I am just bounced between ppl... I'll show IT this thread. Maybe that'll help...

5. Emelie

Update: I have an extension that I got from my office administrator + a password...

I can't seem to upload the screenshot she sent me of her PBX site. But would anyone be able to guide me (her) of what exactly she should do (=click on)? She doesn't know.

6. Emelie

No, wait here it is!

Attached Files:

7. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

This is a 3CX forum, the screenshot is for Grandstream PABX system - it gives you your extension number but you also need to IP address of the SIP server to connect to

I would suggest you contact your IT department, petty useless if they cannot help you.

#7 Saqqara, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Emelie likes this.
  8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Locking thread as this is not related to 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.