• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

BASIC Setup - Make an outgoing CAll

Status
Not open for further replies.

pclink

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to 3cx. I am unable to make an outgoing call
I can call between extensions and recieve a call fine
I dont have any PSTN Lines to connect for the being. I have an account with Engin which i can recieve calls on
Do i need any hardware to make an outgoing call?
I just want to be able to transfer an incoming call to my mobile if i am not avaliable to take the call

First off...to make any outgoing calls you have to create at least one outbound rule in 3CX.
Second..to transfer an incoming call to your mobile, you need two "outside " connections, either two VoIP paths, or one VoIP and a PSTN.

When you get an incoming call, you need a second route out to forward it to your mobile. If you are paying for two VoIP paths, then it should work.

Agreed, normally if you have a sip account then you have atleast 2 concurrent paths but that is not always the case. also you will need an outbound route to route the call to. if you get to the extensions field in the outbound route either leave it blank or play around with it so the call will go out. i have had issues if i lock it down so only ext 100-199 can make a call then the forward to mobile would not work. if i left it blank then it was fine.

With Engin, you should be able to make outgoing calls concurrent with the incoming. The limiting factor is available internet bandwidth.

As it has been suggested by others, setup an outbound rule and it should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniel Acosta
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.