Been searching but cant find.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by miraportuga, Aug 29, 2007.

1. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Ok here's the thing. Like i said on other posts everything is working, inbound and outbound calls. Now, my father brought to my attention that he needs to check my PSTN provider voice mail to see if there are any messages there. To do this usually(with a phone connected directly to PSTN line) we dial *200. I would like to know if i can do the same thing but... with the phone connected to the SPA3102.

Thank you

2. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Staff

did you try it?
    it seems you need to just dial prefix+*200. For example, if outbound rule is "9" for this PSTN then you need to just dial "9*200"

Thanks

P.S. 3CX has a native voice mail subsystem, why don't you use it?

3. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Yes i tried that, i get a busy signal after i do that
    And im not using the 3cx Voice mail system becouse my father prefers the other one, and... becouse 3cx still doesnt have Voice mail in portuguese :D hehe

Thank you

P.S. - Any more ideas ? :|

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Set 3cx up with a outbound rule to dial the PSTN line on the SPA.

Than when your dad dials eg 9 and *200 it will work as it is part of the DTMF string going to the PSTN.

5. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

I have the system set like that, but i get a busy signal right after... just like i said up there :|

6. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Busy signal, usually from the SPA (and you can check by plugging phone directly into SPA "Line 1" port for a quick test), indicates an issue with the dial plan. Any outgoing calls on the SPA "Line 1" will be subject to the dial plan present. The SPA interprets anything beginning with a "*" as a command string for an option such as call forwarding, and its not matching the command you are sending. For my provider, Vonage, I just checked the local voicemail number and programmed it into speed dial. However, with some tweaking, you should be able to setup dial plan to send out that string upon receipt. Loads of fun!

7. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Thanks... ill try that... :D

8. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

Well, not even after i added PSTN Voice mail number to speed dial... i cant dial from a phone connected to 3cx box. Guess my dad will have to Check voice mail on a old old phone i have here... lol
    Most probably something is wrong here and i cant see it.

Thank you