• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Beginners Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WimVM

Reaction score
Hello,

Our phone operator installed a ISDN Network Terminator type NT1-2ab 4B3T. This device is able to handle 2 analog (RJ11) and 2 digital (RJ45 ISDN) devices. On this device we have our main phone number and a MSN number. But how do I now link this to the network. We have IP phones from LinkSys type SPA962. The MSN is plugged into the analog port and is used for our fax. This works fine.

Do I need some interface device between this terminator and the VOIP network? If yes, then please specify what type of device. We probably will use a LinkSys device because our phones are from LinkSys.

Will it be possible to handle multiple incoming calls in this setup?

Thanks.

Is nobody able to help on this? How should I connect our ISDN terminator to the network?

Thanks,

I believe you need a VoIP Gateway.

The gateway is a hardware box that can convert either analogue or ISDN (or both) lines to conenct to your internal IP LAN.

E.g. Grandstream GWX-4104 has support for four analogue lines. You will need to spend a bit more in order to get the ISDN support. Asterisk do PCI cards with this capability as well.

Hope that helps!

I was told that a simple ISDN modem card also would do the job. Is this correct?

Hi,

Yes you do need a VOIP Gateway Router.

3CX theoreticaly supports any VOIP gateway routers, however there are several that have been fully tested and have templates created for them.

From my personal experience I would choose a Patton Device.

For two ISDN 'BRI' Interfaces you would need a Smartnode 4552

Cheers

Neil

If you are looking for a supplier in the try VOIPON

Thanks. I have ordered the device Smartnode 4552 after reviewing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.