Best FXO sound quality?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cgallery, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgallery

Okay, I've tried the Grandstream GXW4104. It works, but as I posted the other day, I am having sound quality issues. I've narrowed them down to the Grandstream. Specifically, I and the caller cannot talk at the same time. If I'm speaking and the caller is trying to interrupt me, I cannot hear them clearly. I have narrowed this down to the "Echo Cancellation" built into the Grandstream.

I have done some googling and I have found others indicating that the Echo Cancellation on the Grandstream is inferior.

So what should I try next? The list of supported includes Sangoma, Patton, Bero, and Portech. There is also the ability (it looks like) to add Linksys and also Generic when adding a gateway.

I'm looking for four ports and real good sound quality.

Suggestions?

Also, the support document for Sangoma says to download the commercial version of the Netborder Express. The Sangoma site says the only difference between the commercial and SOHO versions if the commercial supports 12+ ports. If I'm running four ports, is using the SOHO version acceptable?

2. willow

willow Member

the soho version would be acceptable. I have used the Cisco SPA8800 and sangoma and have had pretty good results with them. I have not used the Patton but others Rave about its performance and lack of issues. I just wonder if your Grandstream is defective? is it under warranty and can you return it and try another one? I have used the HT's and the 4 ports from Grandstream and have had good results as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tsteffens

We have had really good success with the Patton 4114.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Patton could be nice, but is rather expensive.

With sure you can obtain satisfactory result with Cisco/Linksys SPA-3102 (typical cost about € 50.- / $ 70.-).
    SPA-8800 is the same as SPA-3102 (4x), but is more expensive than 4x SPA-3102.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.