Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Best Linux Backup Method

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntnetzeband, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntnetzeband

We have a few instances installed on Windows Servers and they all run backups to a centralized share on our SAN and that works fine.

We just set up a Linux server and are testing it to possibly convert in the future, however, I can't see a good way to run a backup either through command line or GUI to backup to this centralized share. When I try and do it through the GUI, it shows a "Specified Invalid Path" error. This server has full connectivity to this share, I can ping the server IP address and even created a symbolic link that worked fine but the link seems to break every few days.

Does anyone have any recommendations? We do not want to back up only to this server in case the whole server fails, we lose back ups. That is why we back up to our SAN which has redundancy.

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Why not simple FTP as you are inside your own lan. From there you can move files as you see fit.
    Or you can backup locally and create a cron job to move the files. It's a standard linux installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 jimbo59, Jan 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  3. ntnetzeband

This was my backup thought but just didn't want to set up FTP if I didn't have to :)

If we continue with Linux installs, we probably will end up using FTP but was hoping there was as easy a way as Windows installs to put in the file share name and leave it at that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.