Best Out of Box QoS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jonathanjohnsn, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathanjohnsn

I wanted to get the opinion of what people have found the best out of box QoS managed switches are. Anyone have any preferences? I am at a point where I want to improve my setup to improve some traffic issues I have.
    Thx
    Jonathan

2. willow

willow Member

any switch that supports qos is a good start. netgear, extreme, and HP have been good switches for me. netgear on the low end, HP in the middle and extreme on the high end. all support qos out if the box.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jr3151006

jr3151006 New Member

We have few computers/servers at office, we dont have Q.O.S on the switch but on the firewall to ensure network connectivity/bandwidth enough to SIP calls!

* Our Switch (Cisco SFE2000P)
    * Our Internet Conneciton: ADSL 15M
    * Our Gateway: Linksys SPA400

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Better replace the SPA-400 with router supporting QoS, you may still use it for PSTN trunks, etc., as a device in the LAN.
    The bottleneck is your Internet connection. I would recommend a small cost effective and powerful router like Mikrotik.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.