• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Best Phone for Remote Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
What does everyone use out there for their remote phones? I have 3 locations that all have the SIP Proxy Manager and have issues with the Cisco's and the call quality in these locations. Give your suggestions and problems encountered with others. Looking for a good stable phone to deploy in these locations.

remote locations will almost always have some form of call quality issues by the time they get back to the main office because of the way that the internet works. the best practices are to set the remote phones to g729 codec if you have enough licenses for g729 calls as it uses way less bandwidth per call then the standard g711.

I have used everything from yealinks, to polycoms, and sip softphones and all seem to be pretty good. I stay away from the cisco's because of the smart net contracts and such. Qos on the network switches and the routes can go a long way in going the best that it can to help the packets get out and through the lan area network the fastest. but once you are on the public internet there is no qos is it is really best effort at that piont.

Some things that i have found over the years is to stay away from dsl connections, there is just not enough throughput and way to much overhead for almost any good voip applications. cable modems seem to very well vs the dsl's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.