Best Practice to implement short code dialling

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

Hi,

I am due to be implementing a 3CX system soon in an remote office for a client. In order to setup the ability for users in the new office to call users on the (Non 3CX) head office PBX system, I am assuming I am going to have to setup some form of short code dialling?

What would be the best way to acheive this?

I anticipate creating dummy extensions on the 3CX system to match that of the users in the head office system, and then setup those dummy extensions to forward all calls to their external DDI number?

Is there a better way to achieve this?

I may have to configure 180 of these and whilst I can use the extension import template to create the extensions, is there any way I can amend the forwarding rules for all 180 extensions in one go? I am dreading having to manually configure forwarding behaviour for 180 dummy extensions!

Thanks

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can tell you what I set up... I use the digit "1" as the first digit of my (3 digit) speed call list, gives me 100 numbers. An example of an entry in outbound rules would be... 123 , remove 3 digits and then add the required number and specify which trunk to send the call out on.

Of course you have to create an outbound rule for all speed call numbers you wish to create, but if someone changes their "real" phone number, you only have to go in and make one change in 3Cx, the speed call number remains the same and staff aren't aware of what the "real" number is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.