Best Practices for IVR with Out of Office

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by LyonAdmiral, Apr 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LyonAdmiral

Hello!

It's still snowing where I am and I'll promise to keep the snow here in exchange for your greatly appreciated help. :)

I have an IVR set up that welcomes callers, tells them they can direct dial the extension if they choose, or wait to be prompted for a particular office. What'd I like to do is to have a global type of out of office message that let's them know when they call if the school is closed that they can still leave a message at the main office or direct dial an extension and that their message will be acted upon when the school reopens. I haven't determined how to do this or even if it is possible.

Are any of you using the IVR in this way or have you created a work around to perform this function?

Thanks as always,
    D

2. bmcdevitt

I setup a digital receptionist for these situations with a recording of whats going on and the options. I just change the inbound rule as needed.

However we are not closed on snow days now thanks to 3CX lol.

We give our CS Agents our Sales teams old laptops and I have them using the 3CX soft-phone with a 30$ Microsoft headset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.