Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Best SIP provider for the iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Alivis, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alivis

I am looking for jail breaking + installing the SIP calling app on the iPod Touch, but I don't want to until I'm sure that there is a reliable service provider. Are there any completely free SIP providers that provide unlimited calls to landlines free of charge?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Your kidding right? You expect to find a company that will give you service completely for free?

Secondly, even though you install a SIP phone on the iPod touch, it is barely usable as you will not get incoming calls unless the phone application is running. As soon as you do anything else on the iPod the SIP phone client closes (no multitasking on the iPod touch) so it does not work as a regular extension.

Finally, I am not sure what this has anything to do with 3CX.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TwigsUSAN

Kerry is right as far as someone giving free service and what does this have to do with 3CX. However, the person did say that he was going to jailbreak his iPod Touch which means he would have to ability to multitask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.