Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

best strategy for "Night Mode"

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooeyhall, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooeyhall

Hi! I have implemented 3cx Small Business for one of our branch offices. There are only 4 phones at this location.

Currently it is setup so that when a call comes in, it rings the receptionist's phone for 10 seconds and then moves to a call group where it rings all the phones.

I want to setup something so that--during evenings and weekends--the receptionist can switch-on an option that sends the caller to a voice message: "We are currently closed. Please call xxx-xxx-xxxx if this is an emergency".

I know I will probably have to setup something in the Digital Receptionist to do this. But--more importantly--I need a simple way for the receptionist to switch the system into this "night mode".

I know that you can setup in 3cx where you designate the office hours. However this office has rather irregular open times (sometimes they stay later in the day then 5:00 PM), so I can't "lock" them into anything.

Would appreciate any advice on how to implement this---especially with making it easy for the receptionist or someone else at the office to easily turn on or off this "night mode" on an as-needed basis.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there,

Dynamic opening and closing hours would require, as you have correctly specified, the option to turn on "night mode" at will. This is not possible with the current system. I suggest you post this as a feature request as it is a very good idea in my opinion.

Thanks,

3. zooeyhall

Thanks everyone for the advice. I am probably going to record a Digital Receptionist that the office can switch to for their "night mode" operation. I had considered this but--as you know with novice users--any extra effort on their part is too much effort.

However I do feel that 3cx should implement a simpler solution. Per the advice above, I am going to submit this to the feature requests page.

4. ktikoft

Why not just set a button on the phone for a night mode Extension. Tehn get teh Receptionist to Just forward all calls to this extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.