Best VPN service provider?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by shaunstevin, May 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shaunstevin

Am on the lookout for a fast, reliable, and reasonably-priced VPN service.

Would prefer answers from personal experience, if possible.

Thanks.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

We use the Windows VPN as it was easy to setup and met our basic need of traveling personnel being able to get files off the shared drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. paul.hadley

paul.hadley New Member

Windows VPN is certainly cheap, in fact its free. Any server from 2000 onwards has the feature in Routing & Remote Access as standard and even NT Server can have it installed as an additional service. Once the feature has been set up just forward port 1723 to the Lan IP of the sever from your router and users will be able to dial in, get a local IP and use the Lan services as if they were at the actual location.

If you don't have a server a workstation (XP Pro etc) can also be set as a VPN server but it will only accept two connections at any one time, depending on many users and how often they use it this might be OK. Another option, although I haven't checked this my self would be home server, its pretty cheap now and I am told it also has Routing & Remote Access, although I don't know how many connections it can accept.

The other option is to have a router with IPSec routing. My experience with both Linksys and Netgear routers is that it works fine for users who say dial in from a lap top, use the service and disconnect but if you want permanent links they tend to drop the connection and require rebooting the router.

I currently have five remote servers (Windows 2003) dialed into a central server (Windows 2003) using PPTP and that works fine. I reboot the rooter automatically at the central point at 5.30am to reset all the connection and they stay up all day, very very rare any of the servers are off line as long as the actual internet connections at each point are up.

What I have generally found is any network interruption, a brief drop of the internet connection causes IPSec links to fail and stay failed were as using PPTP in windows they are able to recover a connection within a few seconds without anyone really noticing they went off line.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It all depends on what you want from a VPN service. I find that a DD-WRT router running the VPN firmware, in conjunction with a PC using PPTP, fills my needs, and is not an expensive proposition. It all depends on what you need to do.

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

We are using mikrotik, our locations are connected through PPTP VPN, if DSL line is good audio is ok, G.722 is working just fine... I dont know how it work with IPSec (it is "dial on demand" VPN). we can put some ping interval to keep tunnel up, or even register messages from the phone can keep tunnel to be up...otherwise tunnel will be shut down while there are no "interesting traffic"...

6. simonwhite

There are enormous of VPN provider are available who claims that their VPN services are much better than others. I have tried several paid vpn services like cloackvpn,ipvpn,expressvpn but for the last six months I am with PureVPN services. They just charge onlye $9.95 against my complete data security and anonymity on the internet. After having six months experience wit this provider, I will highly recommend PureVPN to other.

7. vipsnak

I will highly recommend https://overplay.net/ u can use DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of WLAN routers and embedded systems. The main emphasis lies on providing the easiest possible handling while at the same time supporting a great number of functionalities within the framework of the respective hardware platform used.

8. rjsmr51

It would have been better if you had mentioned the purpose of using a VPN service as recommendations and suggestions may vary for different usages..Some people want it for privacy, some want it for anonymity while there are a lot of people out there who want to bypass the restrictions imposed by either their network admin, ISP or even government..This also holds true for those individuals who want to access geo-restricted websites from a location other than the desired one..But I can tell you about the VPN service I am using for the past 6 months now i.e. PureVPN http://www.purevpn.com. It offers consistent speed, quality service and efficient customer service..The price is affordable too. I use it to access various websites which are only accessible in US or UK like Hulu, BBC iPlayer etc. You can visit their website for detailed information and choose a package as per your requirement :)

9. HoffmanJones

Please also inform us about your budget and VPN space that we can provide you better suggestion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

Without knowing exactly how or why it's hard to make a suggestion. Could you be mores specific on your applications and needs.

11. alastairandrew

I give you one of the best vpn review website www.virtualprivate-network.com this website helps you and suggest you the best vpn provider of the industry

12. CharlesHanger

Thank you for this nice link. I am also going to know about best service in Germany. So how can locate the best german vpn?

13. alex112

Different VPN providers have different strengths and few weaknesses of course. In general, there are few factors which make or break a VPN provider and these are the ones which we consider while evaluating a particular VPN service provider.

VPN Providers and Select The List of Best VPN Service Providers in The Industry http://vpnselection.com/

14. allar

I highly recommend WaselPro VPN http://www.vpnfaqs.com/2015/03/best-vpns-for-wifi-hotspot/. It has all what you need reliability, speed, anonymity, encryption and it is reasonably priced. It is my VPN provider for more than 2 years.

15. marina

Yes I have been using bvpn for a long time https://www.iwasel.org/en/trysmoketunnelfree/ with highly encrypted connection; you can check it yourself using free trial. It is cheap, secure and easy to use as I managed to get it with one click.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.