Best way to setup call coverage for managers?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ctni, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctni

In our previous system, we were able to assign BLF buttons on assistants phones so they would see when the managers phone was ringing and they could also pick up the call via that button. There was also an option to either have their phone also ring or not when the managers BLF button was blinking due to an inbound call.

Is there a way to setup 3CX to do this?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Exactly how you implement this may depend on the make/model of set you are using.

In a nutshell...On a line key on the assistants set you would create a second appearance of the managers number. Depending on the set options, the line key can (generally) be set to flash with no audible ring. Making use of the BLF feature should also light the key when the managers extension is in use.

In the 3CX extension settings, the option to allow more than one set, per that extension number, must be chosen.

3. ctni

Thanks for the info. So a button can act as a second appearance and BLF at the same time? What phone brand/model do you think would support a line key flashing with no ring...we are open to buying a different phone. We are currently using Cisco SPA5xx phones.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have a couple of Cisco sets (not the same models that you are using), but have not personally had a need to use the BLF feature. In the set menu it does appear that there is a "shared" option. Someone that has set this up before would probably be of more help. I would think that this sort of an arrangement would be fairly common.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

The Yealink T46 and T38 can do BLF with an Alert beep. The T38 has 10 buttons along the right side. The T46 is digital and has 3 pages of buttons.
    Whenever someone calls my worker bees, I see the call and who is calling them. If the number is in our XML phonebook, that shows up too. I also now know most of their Significat other phone numbers and know when they call "too many times a day".
    :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ctni

And you can pick up those incoming calls using those BLF's on the Yealink phones if you wanted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.