• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Beta of Multi Line TAPI for Terminal Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca Allery

Staff member
3CX Support
Reaction score
Many of you requested it and here it is: A Multi Line TAPI driver to allow integration with TAPI compatible CRM systems installed on Terminal services servers. The Multi Line TAPI requires the latest 3CX Client for Windows (which will be part of the 15.5 release) and a PRO edition. Read our installation guide and download the Multi Line TAPI here....
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jed
One question. Looking at the docs, you would have to know offhand which user is connecting to which terminal server session for this to work. Not all TS servers have static sessions and they could change, is there a way or would we have to script the modification of that file on every login so that it stays accurate?

--Tracy

The session id in the docs (perhaps, it could be better called "line id" there) has nothing in common with the session of TS.
It doesn't matter to which TS session the user has been logged in as long as his provisioned 3CXPhone extension corresponds to the extension in the .ini file for the line ID which this user has selected to use in his TAPI application.

I have this installed, but it isn't working. In my application (ConnectWise) I have the following options:
3CX for Windows TAPI driver
1, 111, name
2, 222, name 2
3, 333, name 3
etc..

If I choose my extension from the list .. the dialer doesn't work. If I choose 3CX for Windows TAPI driver, a random user's extension starts ringing... any ideas would be most appreciated!

healthy, are you absolutely sure all of the phone clients have been updated with new TAPI plugin?
Also, you need to uninstall previous (single) 3CX TAPI driver before installing multiline (it should be detected at install time).

I will look in later today once everyone is off the terminal server. I believe I followed the directions, but I don't recall removing the old TAPI driver... I'll give that a shot after-hours.

Thanks,
Scott

healthy, are you absolutely sure all of the phone clients have been updated with new TAPI plugin?
Also, you need to uninstall previous (single) 3CX TAPI driver before installing multiline (it should be detected at install time).

I uninstalled all 3CX software on the terminal server, rebooted and installed just the multiline TAPI, which then prompted to install the 3CX Phone application as well. Now when going to look at TAPI settings, I get the spinning circle wait indicator and it just hangs. If I attempt to check via the dialer application, it just hangs with not responding.

Server is Server 2016 with Remote Desktop Services Roles installed

Please, set to 1 this parameter in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\3CX\3CXPhone for Windows\TSPLogEnabled

Reboot the machine and start the dialer. When it hangs, take "c:\ProgramData\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\3CXTapiSP.log" and post it here (or via personal message directly to me). I will try to find out what's going on.

Sorry for the delay. I was finally able to reboot that server and have tested the dialer. I will send to you via private message.
Thanks!

Hi Ivank,

we have the exact same setup as Healthy running Windows Server 2016 with RDS role, however we are trying to use the TAPI through Act!, have you had any luck looking into this, we are happy to enable the logging and PM the logs to you as well if you would like?

Hello safemode, please do so.
Please also describe if you had single line installed, was it uninstalled or not, etc (just the major milestones that led to the current situation)

We have issues if the previous tapi driver (single line) was at least one time installed. They are not compatible.

A) Uninstall 3CX Plugins
B) download and run this tool from command line (This is a cleaner that cleans remnants from your machine left behind by the old Tapi installation setup) Download from here: http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/misc/3CXTAPICleaner.exe
C) Now you can install the multiline tapi installation.

PS Tapi is very picky so yes - this problem is a valid one - the single and the multiline tsp providers cannot co-exist together

This is how it has to look when you run it - see below. There should be 1 3CX Tapi provider named 3CXTapiSrvProvML.tsp

Attachments

• 17-06-27_12h59_49.png
    17-06-27_12h59_49.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
How to use the tool
  • Open command prompt on behalf of Administrator.
  • Launch 3CXTAPICleaner.exe, it will show you the list of all TAPI providers installed (3CX and third party as well) with their IDs and a short usage reminder. Each single line provider of 3CX has a name of 3CXTapiSrvProv.tsp, and multiline is named 3CXTapiSrvProvML.tsp.
  • If only 3CXTapiSrvProvML.tsp is there, you're fine and don't need to do anything.
  • If there are several 3CX providers listed, you need to remove all but the last one installed. For this, run 3CXTAPICleaner.exe with /all key. It should remove all TAPI 3CX providers except the active multiline provider. Launch 3CXTAPICleaner.exe again and examine the updated list. You should see only one 3CXTapiSrvProvML.tsp listed.

We have run the cleaner as per the instructions but still have an issue. Please see the attached error message and log files.

Attachments

• 3CXTapiSP.log
    79.1 KB · Views: 21
  • tapi1.png
    tapi1.png
    89 KB · Views: 31
  • tapi2.png
    tapi2.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 32
Can you send us details to connect to the machine? PM me..
We will connect and check what the problem is.

@safemode, what version of 3CXPhone are you using? Please, check.

@ivank the 3CXPhone version is the latest I believe, 15.5.1694.0

@nickybrg Do you just want the details to access the 3CX system or actually get onto the terminal server?

@ivank the 3CXPhone version is the latest I believe, 15.5.1694.0
Could you, please, locate the following files and send them as a PM to me?

%APPDATA%\3CXPhone for Windows\Logs\3CXPhoneForWindows.log
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXWin8Phone.user.config
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\3CXPhone for Windows\PhoneApp\3CXPhoneTapiPlugin.dll

have sent you the files via "conversation", I assume this is the equivalent of a PM, sorry never done it since the new forum got setup :)

@ivank has sent through a new DLL file that resolves this issue, thanks for all your help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.