Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Better support for Circuit / Internet Failover

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by sean.suntelnetworks, Mar 8, 2017.

Better support for Circuit / Internet Failover 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. sean.suntelnetworks

Currently, there is a requirement for on the Network> Public IP tab for a singular static IP. However, it looks like 3cx has the ability to use 'stun' but 3cx officially doesn't support it.

It would be nice if a primary internet circuit dropped (common in Tampa, Florida over the past 12 months), that a 4G or alternative circuit could take its place.

With Mikrotik, I can script 2ndary wan failover to happen on the fly. However, the external IP will change, and unless the IP changes inside the "Public IP" area, I've had issues with 1 way audio.

I'd like there to be a '2ndary' Static Public IP field that could be used when either there is an DNS resolution/Network Failure. This way internet failover could happen without any human intervention and keep the client (or enterprise) up.